CSD SVF Yantern Scholarship Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Introduction. The CSD Social Venture Fund: Yantern Y-Summit Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is an incentive reward program with the goal of: 1) Increasing engagement on CSD’s social media channels, and 2) Increasing the number of attendees at the September 25-26, 2020 Y-Summit event who currently lead or are interested in establishing a business or organization that serves Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) who are Deaf, DeafBlind, DeafDisabled, hard of hearing, and late-deafened ( DDBDDHHLD).
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who: (a) are entrepreneurs that currently own, manage, or aspire to establish a business, organization, or enterprise, whether in the non- or for-profit sectors, that serves the BIPOC community (b) identify as deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, or deaf-disabled (c) are 18 years of age or older, and (d) are located in the United States at the time of entry.
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00AM ET August 14th, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM ET September 4th, 2020.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, potential entrants must submit at least one (1) video on social media explaining their interest in attending the Y-Summit and how their business/organization or proposed business/organization serves BIPOC community members who are D/HH, and “tag” CSD. Alternatively, potential entrants may e-mail their video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos should not exceed one minute. The length of time required to film and submit a video entry will take no more than approximately five to ten minutes. After you have submitted your video, you will receive one (1) entry into the prize drawing. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple email or mailing addresses, identities or any other method will void that entrant’s entry and the entrant will be disqualified. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification via email from CSD. By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to CSD’s related Sweepstakes decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling the requirements explained herein.
5. Winner Selection and Notification. On or about September 4th, 2020, potential prize winners will be selected from all eligible entries based on a random number drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. CSD SVF will notify the winners by email with instructions on how to claim the prize between September 7th-September 11th, 2020. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the email within seven days after the email, the winner will forfeit the prize and CSD SVF may award the prize to an alternate entrant, selected at random. Only 3 alternate entrants will be contacted.
6. There will be a maximum of 20 (twenty) prizes awarded: The prize will consist of one (1) registration to the September 25-26 Y-Summit (delivered electronically). Entrants who have previously purchased a Y-Summit registration will not be refunded. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at CSD’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If the advertised prize cannot be awarded for any reason, CSD reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local income taxes on the prizes and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be made after winner validation. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON. Unclaimed prizes shall not be awarded. Use of gift cards is subject to the terms, conditions and policies of the issuer. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
7. General Rules. CSD is not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond CSD’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vii) any typographical or other error in the advertising related to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; or (viii) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
8. Release & Waiver: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless CSD from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
9. Disputes/Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or CSD in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Travis County, Texas, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Texas. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
11. Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for this Sweepstakes visit www.csd.org/stories/csd-svf-yantern-scholarship-terms-and-conditions/. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
12. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (“CSD”), 2028 E Ben White Blvd #240-5250, Austin, TX 78741.