CSD #ISupportBlackDeafBusiness Sweepstakes Rules
CSD #ISupportBlackDeafBusiness Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Introduction. The CSD #ISupportBlackDeafBusiness Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is an incentive reward program with the goal of giving five (5) $50 gift certificates to social media followers that participate in #BlackBusinessMonth by supporting Black Deaf-owned businesses. Winners will be announced each day during Black Deaf Business Week on August 17th – 21st.
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who: (a) have posted a photo or a video of products they own or want to own from a vetted black deaf owned business (b) tagged the business and @ThisIsCSD in their post (c) have used the #ISupportBlackDeafBusinesses and #BlackBusinessMonth (d) have followed @ThisIsCSD Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts.
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00AM ET August 12th, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM ET August 21st , 2020.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, potential entrants must post a photo or video on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter of their favorite product from a Black Deaf-owned business. Videos cannot exceed 60 seconds. You must tag the business you are supporting and @ThisIsCSD using the #ISupportBlackDeafBusinesses in your caption. After you have posted your photo or video, you must like @ThisIsCSD to receive one (1) entry into the prize drawing. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification via email or direct message from CSD. By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to CSD’s related Sweepstakes decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling the requirements explained herein.
5. Winner Selection and Notification. During the week of August 17th to August 21st, one (1) prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries each day. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. CSD will notify the winners by email or direct message with instructions on how to claim the prize between August 17th-August 21st, 2020. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the email within three days after the email or direct message, the winner will forfeit the prize and CSD may award the prize to an alternate entrant, selected at random. Only 3 alternate entrants will be contacted.
6. There will be a maximum of five (5) prize awarded: The prize will consist of a $50 (fifty dollars) Gift Certificate to the Black Deaf-owned business of winner’s choice (delivered electronically). No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at CSD’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If the advertised prize cannot be awarded for any reason, CSD reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local income taxes on the prizes and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be made after winner validation. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON. Unclaimed prizes shall not be awarded. Use of gift cards is subject to the terms, conditions and policies of the issuer. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
7. General Rules. CSD is not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond CSD’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vii) any typographical or other error in the advertising related to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; or (viii) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
8. Release & Waiver: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless CSD from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
9. Disputes/Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or CSD in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Travis County, Texas, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Texas. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
11. Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for this Sweepstakes visit www.csd.org/stories/black-business-month-sweepstakes-guidelines/. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (“CSD”), 2028 E Ben White Blvd #240-5250, Austin, TX 78741.
- Britta Schwall